Vision and Values
IMPACTING COMMUNITIES FOR JESUS
GATHERED FOR WORSHIP, SENT TO WITNESS, CHALLENGED TO GROW
The Karori Anglican Churches’ Values are expressed in terms of the behaviours we commit to and display that will enable us to do community well together.
They are summed up by the words:
Confidence (in God),
Commitment (to God’s people and the world),
Caring (for one another) and
Celebration (of God’s life amongst us)
VALUES EXPRESSED AS BEHAVIOURS
- Through our words, actions and work, we demonstrate that we believe God is Trinity – Father, Son and Holy Spirit and are called to build His Kingdom.
- We encourage and build up others in their faith, in word, prayer and action.
- Practising the peace of Christ amongst us by resolving conflict with grace, love and compassion. This includes settling issues and disagreements within the faith community with those concerned without gossip, demeaning talk or slander. (Matthew 18)
- We live lives that are hospitable and generous.
- We will show our respect for God’s world by managing and sharing our resources responsibly.
- Through the power of the Holy Spirit, we are ready to try and accept new things.